Wednesday 5 September 2012

Why I chose AS Media

Ever since I was younger I've always enjoyed all things artistic; when asked what my favourite subject was I would of always replied art, and not just the basic sketching in art but everything that could be included within it from abstract sculptures to historic patterns seen in victorian portraits. Even when watching television I enjoyed seeing what was normally annoying adverts just to see how some companies display their product or try and attract the viewers attention especially when the advert may be comical but completely irrelevant to the product it still catches their attention. I remember using an old Sony Erricson phone at the age of 10 not for calls or text but just mainly to video my friends and pausing the filming at certain points to make it seem like they had disappeared or whatever my imagination could think of. At GCSE I chose to take a double Art Btec which helped me a lot as it broadened my knowledge and allowed me to explore the many areas of arts. But one area that wasn't developed was looking at performing arts or film making or things found in that sort of industry; the closest I came to using a computer for art was researching artists or editing a photo on photoshop. So for one of my A levels I decided to choose Media, even though media is not all about art I still like to learn about the more technology side. So that is why I have taken AS Media.

1 comment:

  1. Good Emily, it's interesting to see your reasons behind choosing to study Media Studies. I hope you enjoy the course.

    ReplyDelete